Discover Unsurpassed Hearing Care with Eilene, our Consultant Audiologist
Are you noticing a change in your hearing abilities? Do you often find yourself asking people to repeat their words? If any changes in your hearing have bothered you, it's time to prioritise a comprehensive hearing test over a basic one. At Buchanan Audiologists, our consultant audiologist, Eilene, is dedicated to delivering exceptional hearing care personalised to your needs. Dial 01634 757045 to book your appointment today!
Eilene and our team of professionals perform an array of detailed tests during your comprehensive hearing evaluation, which is tailored based on your specific circumstances and the test's purpose. Here's a sneak peek of what your visit to us might look like:
- Immittance tests:
To fully assess your hearing health, Eilene utilises a suite of tests to examine the function of your middle ear. These tests measure the health of your eardrum and the tiny bones that convey sound from the outer ear to the middle ear. It involves a gentle air pressure test (tympanometry), which checks eardrum movement and the middle ear cavity. The acoustic reflex test measures involuntary muscle reactions to high-intensity sounds. This test helps our consultant audiologist, Eilene, to diagnose and address any middle ear issues efficiently. Book your detailed hearing evaluation at Buchanan Audiologists on 01634 757045 today.
Otoacoustic Emissions Testing (OAE):
This test yields critical information about the health of your inner ear and how efficiently the hair cells within your cochlea are working. It can also spot any blockages in your outer or middle ear.
- Pure Tone Test:
This test is the cornerstone for the auditory examination. Eilene conducts this test to determine the quietest tones you can hear and is usually tested for each ear separately under clinically calibrated headphones. The healthy human ear can typically detect between 20 and 20 000Hz with an intensity range of 0 to 120dB, so different frequencies are tested at different intensity levels, to assist her in pinpointing the type and degree of your hearing impairment.
- Bone Conduction Test:
For a more profound understanding of the type of hearing loss (whether it is conductive, sensorineural or mixed), Eilene employs this test, which directly stimulates the inner ear through vibrations, bypassing the outer and middle ear. Bone conduction testing is invaluable when determining a differential diagnosis and is essential for the treatment and management of hearing loss
- Speech Tests:
Speech audiometry is a speech test or battery of tests performed to understand your ability to discriminate speech sounds, detect speech in background noise and understand the signals being presented. Since hearing and everyday life is about more than just tones, Eilene carries out various speech tests to assess how well you can hear and distinguish words in quiet and in a noisy environment.
These tests provide crucial insights into your hearing abilities in everyday situations. The benefits of opting for a comprehensive hearing test over a basic one are immense. Basic hearing tests might miss the subtle nuances of your hearing that Eilene's comprehensive assessment can detect. This detailed understanding equips Eilene to provide you with a highly personalised solution should you need hearing aids.
With hearing loss ranked as the world's leading disability, it's crucial not to overlook its impact on your life. Trust Eilene and the team at Buchanan Audiologists to guide you on your journey towards improved hearing health. Prioritise your auditory well-being by booking your comprehensive hearing evaluation today on 01634 757045. With Eilene, you won't just hear, and you'll experience the true richness of sound!
Why Miss a Beat? The Importance of Hearing Tests
Hearing is the melody of life, an orchestra of sounds that brings the world alive. However, like any symphony, the entire piece is affected when one note starts to fade or distort. This is where the necessity of a comprehensive hearing test and the skill and experience of a clinical audiologist comes in. We're talking about Buchanan Audiologists.
Why Do You Need a Hearing Test?
- Early detection: Hearing loss often creeps in unnoticed. Regular hearing tests can help catch any issues early, preventing further decline.
- Quality of life: Difficulty in understanding conversations or often having to increase the volume of your TV or radio are subtle signs that might point towards hearing loss. Attending to them promptly can significantly enhance your quality of life and can make all the difference in the world, allowing you to re-engage with friends and family and be more involved again.
- Preventive care: Even if you don't suspect hearing loss, getting your hearing checked should be a part of your routine health care, like dental or eye check-ups.
Why Choose Buchanan Audiologists?
- Patient-Centric Approach: At Buchanan Audiologists, we're about more than just hearing tests. We're about hearing care. We understand that each patient is unique and requires a tailor-made approach.
- Qualified and Experienced Team: Our expert audiologist is dedicated to guiding you towards the best solutions for any hearing issues.
- Advanced Technology: We employ the latest audiological technology, ensuring precise diagnoses and optimal treatment options.
- Comprehensive Care: From the initial assessment to the final fitting of hearing aids, if required, we're there with you every step of the way.
- Comfortable Environment: We recognise that discussing hearing loss can be challenging. That's why we provide a welcoming and comfortable environment where you can freely voice your concerns and queries.
- Preventive and Corrective Care: Whether experiencing signs of hearing loss or just ensuring you're in good auditory health, Buchanan Audiologists is your ideal partner.
Hearing is a gift. It's what connects us to the world and each other. Don't let that connection fade. Choose Buchanan Audiologists and let us help you keep the world sounding vibrant and beautiful. Your journey towards better hearing health starts here.